Sunday, October 26, 2008

Harvest Festival

Note: This was supposed to be a pantoum*. It's close to what it should be but I think the beginning and ending might not be strictly adherent to the style.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantoum

It's that time of year again,
So let me take you to the harvest festival.
The weather is so right,
I can't help seeing you balled up so tight.

Take me to the harvest festival?
In the cold of this weather,
I can't help being balled up so tight.
What do you want to do tonight?

In the cold of this weather,
Ain't nothin' better than bein' together.
What do I want to do tonight?
Anything that feels all right.

Ain't nothin' better than bein' together,
I can't disagree with that.
Anything that feels all right,
It feels better when warm.

I can disagree with that.
Even if it is cold outside,
And it feels better when warm,
We're plenty warm enough together.

Even if it is cold outside,
And even if our heat keeps us goin’,
And we're plenty warm enough together,
What makes you think I want to go with you?

And if our heat keeps us goin,
Then it's that time of year again.
What makes me think you want to go with me?
The weather that is so right.

No comments: